Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Beast


I am currently working on a production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast as the makeup/hair/wig designer. I am having a blast, but this show is definitely a beast. I have been stressing over how to transform the beast. I did internet and interview research and still couldn't find what I was looking for. Just when I thought that I would have to build a prosthetic piece myself (which I have never done), I found the perfect one on a Canadian website! Woo Hoo-it even has beastly teeth built in! Luckily, the producer of the show is willing to spend money and I can order the piece. Now all that I have to do is learn how to apply it, paint it to match the makeup design, and acclimate the actor to the piece. No problem!


I am also excited about the massive amount of wigs that I have ordered to get the show just right. I was able to order direct from the best company in NY-Lacey Wigs! They should be in sometime this week. Hooray!

Finally, I am using a new kind of makeup for the enchantress and rose. I found the coolest designs by a Canadian makeup artist, Jinny, that I am going to use as inspiration for my own designs. Check out her website at http://www.jinnymakeup.com/. It is so cool.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

WELCOME!! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world! Love the "about me" section. I just bought the MAC mascara and I really like it. It's called "Zoom." Just a suggestion! Glad that going "out on your own" is working out so well. I bet you're really enjoying your freedom and using your talents.

Emily said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy to have another blogging friend! Beware--it is addicting.

I'm so glad that you are keeping busy doing the things that you love the most. You are so talented and I'm so excited to keep up to date with your exciting new adventures!!

charlotte said...

Yay for blogging! I'm glad that Beauty and the Beast is coming along nicely--I wish I could see it! Love you SO much!!

Alison said...

Hey lady,

Thanks for reading my blog! It's good to read another theatre person's blog as well.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Would you mind emailing me the name of the place in Canada where you located "the Beast"

We are staging Beauty and the Beast in May so I am also looking for the prosthetics. If I could purchase the one you found it would help a great deal.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks
adbynum@charter.net