Monday, October 8, 2007

Fall and Fancy Free


I am in love with the weather today. It is not too hot, or too cold. I can wear layers and even a hoodie. I can also still wear flip flops. I love leaving the windows open and smelling the fresh air as it wafts in my house.

I went to visit my friend Courtney in the hospital today. She has been there for six weeks and is looking at several more. She is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy and although she has had to deal with some bleak prospects, she has such a great attitude. I admire that.

I am in such a bad schedule rut. I have been staying up so late and sleeping in. I get a lot accomplished late at night, but I feel that I need to get to bed earlier and rise earlier for several reasons. Any ideas, comments, or suggestions?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love your blog title. I do have to admit that I had to look up both Maquillage and Maven. Maquillage french for makeup--very appropriate. The definition for Maven made me laugh! "One who is experienced of knowledge:EXPERT also:FREAK." Maquillage Maven aka Makeup Freak! I feel it is appropriate.

As for your schedule--I'm in the school of thought that you are either a morning person or a night person. I think it is really hard to change that. I'm a morning person and my husband is a night person. I don't think anything can change that.

charlotte said...

I'm not sure how to help you with your off routine--I'm kind of the opposite. Maybe when you wake up in the morning, you can just get up adn get ready that way you're ready to go and can do whatever you need. The problem with that is just getting up early . . . :)

Robin said...

Hey Melissa!! I haven't had a chance to respond to your email yet, but I am taking a little break at work, and saw that you have some posts on your blog, so I had to comment. (: It's so great to hear from you!

And I too, am in love with fall weather. Unfortunately, I too fall into that same rut far too often, and really don't have any set way to get out of it. I just need to start kicking my butt out of bed and go to the gym in the morning - I did that for a while with Jessie (Tanner), and it was definitely a good (albeit early) start to the day.