Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fa la la la la, la la la la

As many of you know, singing is one of my absolute favorite activities, so Christmas caroling is my favorite activity at the holidays. I have had the opportunity to sing quite a bit this season so far. My friend Noell and I sang a lovely John Rutter tune, "Angel's Carol," as a duet in sacrament meeting this past Sunday. Monday, my young single adult church group picked a neighborhood and caroled to several families on that street. The best part was when one woman was moved to tears while we sang. It sure wasn't our singing that moved her, but our spirits speaking to one another. I love that the message of Christ is more easily received this time of year, but I also believe that one's testimony can be shared even more poignantly through song.
Saturday night I attended my church Christmas party. We snapped some photos amidst the celebrating including this one of Noell, Me, and Andi. I love how happy Andi looks (and I love my hair!).

Last night a group of us went caroling on 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver. My new friend Cortino put together a fun group and books of music. We travelled up and down this shopping district spreading Christmas cheer. In the above photo we had several people join us as well. I'm not sure why I look annoyed, because I wasn't at all.


Singing "Silent Night" complete with Noell's descant.


We ended our time downtown with a trip to Starbucks for peppermint hot cocoa. We had a very successful evening after being videotaped for a church show, inviting others to sing with us, making new friends, and feeling the spirit as we bore our testimonies and spread Christmas cheer.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
What is your favorite Christmas Carol?




8 comments:

Emily said...

What a good idea for you guys to go to the Mall to go caroling. My mom, Thomas, Matthew and I went caroling last night and delivered gifts but I'm sure that our quality of music wasn't as lovely as yours. I guess it really is the thought that counts sometimes! Thomas picked out the songs so we just sang "Jingle Bells" or "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". My favorite Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night" but I don't think I'll ever have the courage to sing that as a solo!!

I'm just getting my Christmas cards out today but I wanted you to know that there is one with your name on it! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Danielle said...

How fun! Your pictures are so cute, and I love your hair, too! Of course, it always looks cute though! I sang Angels Carol this year, too. We sang it at Enrichment and it turned out really pretty- love that song. Glad you're enjoying the season- have a wonderful Christmas! Love you!

Justin and Diana said...

I like the picture of the mantle. It is a great angle.

Anonymous said...

Remember--heads together for all friend photos! Love the mantle--as well as documented proof of Noell's existence.

paws said...

Are you dead?! Are you ever going to update this thing?! Your readers demand new material?!?!?!?!?!

charlotte said...

New post. Thank you.

Love Charlotte

Ann Marie said...

You are just having too much fun! Is it possible? I am glad you are enjoying life so much! Have you checked my blog? You are officially tagged. Post seven things about yourself and then tag seven others. Have fun as always!

Eric & Gretchen said...

I was just wondering if you are okay because you haven't posted in such a long time. I hope all is well with you.
Love,
Gretchen