Friday, December 7, 2007

Two Year Anniversary!

Today is the anniversary of when I became endowed. I remember the freezing cold weather and the butterflies in my stomach, but that is overshadowed by the overwhelming calm and completeness that I felt upon entering those double doors. There is no other place on earth where I can go for absolute peace and clarity of mind. The Denver Temple is especially meaningful to me because my whole family toured it before it was dedicated and I was able to attend the dedication as well. I was just barely baptized, which made me eligible to go. I was so excited and felt so grown up as I donned my baptismal dress and skipped a day of third grade. My Mom was in the choir and was in a different room than my Dad and me. She was singing behind President Benson and he turned around and spoke to her at one point; cool, huh? While I sat in the endowment room this second time as I was making covenants with Heavenly Father, I remembered this time when I sat there beside my Dad and knew that he was with me this second time too, even when I couldn't see him. I know that the Gospel of Christ is true and that the covenants we make in His Temples are sacred. I am grateful for the blessings of the Gospel and the Temple.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Melissa! Thank you for your sweet testimony!! It was so touching. I too hold the Denver temple in a very special place in my heart. I also went to the dedication and then two years later my family was sealed there. Yesterday I went to a sealing here in Vegas where a family with 8 children were sealed to their parents and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It reminded me of when I was a little girl and was bound to my family for all eternity. Someday I will make it back to Denver and we will go through a session together--not in December though--when it gets a little warmer!!:)

Danielle said...

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing your thoughts. What a great reminder of why the temple is such a special place. I love it, too and try to go there as often as possible. I just went to a sealing also, and I cried through the whole thing, what an amazing experience! Love you Melissa!

Amanda :-) said...

It's good to mark anniversaries. I always remember the dates my children were baptized (Church of England). It's not something people generally remember in society here, but I find events like baptisms extremely significant in our lives, and they deseved to be marked each year.