Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The First Signs of Christmas

Hooray for the holidays! I finally began decorating my house today. I don't know what's been holding me back (read laziness), but the nativity has arrived. I coveted this particular nativity for several years and was shocked when my mom surprised me with the entire scene before last Christmas. I was sad to put it away last year and am happy to have it back. Well, I'm in for several more hours of decorating, but my favorite show is on tonight, so I am ready! What is your favorite decoration? When do you decorate for the holidays? How long does it take you?

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Okay Melissa, You REALLY didn't have to post that picture! I am coveting you now!:) Just kidding! Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about your nativity set lately because I've wanted for a couple of years and my mom and I were shopping a couple days ago. I told her what I wanted and I think (well, I know:)) I am getting the starter set for Christmas-the six pieces. I think I'll ask for it earlier though. That does look GREAT sitting on your counter! I'm really (truly) happy for you!:) Happy Holidays!

Danielle said...

So cute, I love it! My sister has that set and it really is beautiful. I love your house, I bet it looks so cute and cozy for Christmas. I wish I could come visit again!

Charlotte said...

We decorated our apartment today and it was so much fun! Yay for Christmas decorations!!

Emily said...

I almost had everything decorated the day after Thanksgiving. I still need to put my tree up but I've am so busy out of my mind and I shouldn't even be sitting here commenting on my friend's blog! Maybe we'll get it up on Sunday. I LOVE your nativity!

Justin and Diana said...

Your nativity complement your house well. I love your house. lol

Amanda :-) said...

What a huge nativity! Wow.

It seems like no time at all since I was bubble-wrapping away the decorations last year, and now we're unwrapping them all again. I must've been having fun...?