Monday, November 12, 2007

Another Openin', Another Show. . .

Beauty & the Beast was amazing! We played to over 5,000 people and had to put people in the aisles. Even with a total of seven shows and a very large auditorium, we had three-page waiting lists for the final three performances. I am exhausted today, but totally satisfied. When Belle entered in her spectacular ball gown, there was an audible gasp from all of the little girls in the audience, several of whom were dressed as princesses themselves. So cute! After each show, Belle was swarmed with little girls. Julia, who played Belle, was so gracious and talked to each of them.
Lefou, Gaston, and the Silly Girls during the "Gaston" song. I love all of the wigs, of course! The actors were great too! The actresses playing the Silly Girls were so funny yesterday when they were so sad to return their wigs.

"Be Our Guest" was a spectacular event. It got several standing ovations at its finish and the audience clapped through the entire song as more and more enchanted objects entered the stage. We had plates, tea cups, knives, forks, spoons, a whisk, cheese grater, pie server, measuring spoons, candles, vases, napkins, etc. . . Each group of objects also had a specific makeup design in gold and silver glitter.

The mob was especially heinous. The townspeople in this scene transformed by putting shadow under their eyes and hollowing out their cheekbones. Ewww. . .

After Lumiere and Babette transformed into humans, they are able to really flirt! I love this photo and Josh and Sonia. They were the cast captains and some of the nicest kids I have ever worked with. They orchestrated director gifts and I got a pedicure gift certificate from a posh place in Boulder. That is SO nice. I felt so appreciated. If you are ever worried about teenagers, you should meet these kids and your faith will be renewed.

The napkins and flatware in "Be Our Guest." Yesterday, backstage, it was so cute when some of the enchanted objects laid down on the floor and made a place setting. The other kids were taking photos from above. It was darling and they were having so much fun!

I love the brown feather dusters and the way that they swooped open the curtains at the beginning of "Be Our Guest." All of the choreography was incredible!

My favorite photo! I can't believe that this was captured so perfectly! At the finale of "Be Our Guest" we set off confetti. The first time I was in the auditorium and this happened, I jumped! It was so cool.
Well, I have tons more photos, and had a hard enough time choosing these. I hope that you enjoyed them. Thanks for being interested in my endeavors. For those of you who got to see the show, thanks! I love theatre and the fact that it really can be a magical experience for the cast, crew, and audience.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I really wish I could have seen it! It looks absolutely magical. What a fun time! I feel sad for you that it has to end. :(

Susan said...

Wow! It looks amazing!

Melissa Marilyn said...

Which Susan is this? Do I know you?

Abby said...

I know her, does that count?

That looked like an amazing show. I wish I could have seen it. The make-up and costumes are incredible. Well done.